NNPC VENDOR REGISTRATION
NIPEX REGISTRATION & APPLICATION PROCESS
The Nigerian Petroleum Exchange (NIPEX) is a Division of NAPIMS, a Corporate Service Unit of NNPC. The purpose of NIPEX is to register supplier, vendor and contractor with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation(NNPC) and also NNPC subsidiary- the Nigerian Petroleum Development Company(NPDC).
NIPEX is an electronic one-stop transaction centre that improves on value procurement in the oil and gas industry and institutionalizes world-class contracting processes in Nigeria. The electronic contracting platform uses product codes to identify the type of products and services a company will have as an option and whether it is permitted to operate in the Nigerian oil and gas sector.
The Nigeria Petroleum Exchange (NIPEX) is a platform where servicing companies can bid and tender for contracts from multinational and national companies. If a company is registered with NIPEX it means the company is registered to do business with all oil companies in Nigeria in its field of expertise. One of its purposes is to link buyers and suppliers by establishing an industry-wide standard for business transactions and providing a comprehensive suite of capabilities, which includes a platform for showcasing contract opportunities in the oil and gas industry.
It is pertinent for companies registering under NIPEX to select the right product code that fits the company services. Where this is competently done, the company will be invited for NIPEX Jobs that the company can competently carry out.
The requirements for NIPEX registration are complex and many. Any company intending to register for NIPEX is advised to either contact the NAPIMS for the list of requirements or consult with accredited professionals.
NIPEX Registration Process
The process for registration for NIPEX permit involves the following steps:
- Registering on the NIPEX Website and making payment of the required processing fee online to the Federal Government through remita.
- Upload the payment receipt online the NIPEX website and Send the form with the original copy of the deposit slip or online payment receipt or valid NNPC registration to NIPEX
- On receipt of these documents and confirmation of payment, NIPEX will send via the e-mail address provided on the form, login details & guidelines to enable access and completion of the pre-qualification questionnaire.
- NIPEX verifies the questionnaire for accuracy and notifies you of any amendment where necessary.
- Where there is no amendment, NIPEX will notify the applicant when to have an audit with your firm. The audit is done online.
- After the audit, there could be a close-out. If there are no issues to close-out, NIPEX will write a report and you will be issued a login detail that will allow your firm to participate in all NIPEX contracts that you are qualified to bid.
Below are the documents required for company registration with NIPEX:
- The Certificate of Incorporation of the company
- Tax Clearance Certificate
- Evidence of Registration of NSITF and Registration
- FIRS (Tax Income Number Letter)
- Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) Certificate
- ITF Certificate
- Bank Reference Letter
- PENCOM Certificate
- HSE POLICY Framework
- Nigeria Content Policy Manual
- Community Affairs Health, Safety and Environment
- Framed Policy Statement
- Quality Assurance Policy Manual
- Schedule of Manpower Development and Training
- Company Profile and its Management Structure
- All Staff HSE Level 111 Training by NISPA
- Vendors Management Policy Manual
- Single Drug and Alcohol Policy, Fire Policy and Anti Bribery Policy.
In conclusion, the oil and gas industry service permit is a statutory requirement for Nigerian registered companies seeking to render services in the oil and gas upstream industry. Certificates are given upon completion of this registration process. The NIPEX Permit is a prerequisite to enter the upstream industry and bid for contracts.