NIGERIAN AGRICULTURAL INSURANCE CORPORATION ACT
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
Establishment of the Nigerian Agricultural Insurance Corporation, etc.
1. Establishment of the Nigerian Agricultural Insurance Corporation.
2. Establishment and composition of the Board of Directors, etc.
Functions and powers
3. Functions of the Corporation.
4. Functions of the Board.
5. Powers of the Board.
The Agricultural Insurance Scheme
6. Establishment of the Agricultural Insurance Scheme, etc.
7. Qualifying cover.
8. Risks to be covered.
9. Rate of premium.
11. Requirement for indemnity.
12. Bearing oflosses.
13. Participating farmer.
14. Remittance of premiums by lending institutions, etc.
Staff of the Corporation
15. Managing Director and Executive Directors.
16. Secretary and other staff of the Corporation.
18. Reserve fund.
19. General reserve fund.
20. Share capital of Corporation, etc.
21. Liability of shareholder limited.
22. Fund of the Corporation.
23. Expenditure of the Corporation.
24. Accounts and audit.
25. Annual report.
26. Limitation of suit against the Corporation.
27. Service of documents.
28. Restriction on execution against the property of the Corporation.
29. Indemnity of officers and other employees of the Corporation.
30. Corporation not to be exempt from taxation, etc.
31. Extended application of the Insurance Act.
33. Dissolution of the Nigerian Agricultural Insurance Company Ltd, etc.
36. Short title.
For full law download pdf